Nina’s diverse experience includes work on Chapter 7, 9, 11, 12, and 13 cases, assignments for the benefit of creditors, negotiated workouts, insolvency litigation, and general commercial litigation. She has represented individual and corporate debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, Chapter 7 and 11 trustees, and equity holders in both liquidating and restructuring cases, which provides her with the insight necessary to attend to the full range of client needs in the insolvency and litigation arenas.
Nina is active in the legal community and is a member of the San Fernando Valley Bar Association; the American Bankruptcy Institute, where she serves as the Membership Relations Director for the Intellectual Property and Technology Committee; and the Los Angeles County Bar Association, where she serves as the Programs Chair of the Bankruptcy Section and the Chair of the Bankruptcy Pro Bono Subcommittee. She has also taught Bankruptcy Law as an adjunct professor at Western State College of Law and has frequently volunteered her time as a mock trial judge for secondary and post-secondary mock trial organizations such as the Constitutional Rights Foundation and the American Mock Trial Association.
Prior to joining Weintraub & Selth, Nina was an associate at a nationally recognized Los Angeles firm specializing in bankruptcy/insolvency and insolvency-related litigation. She received her law degree from Pepperdine University School of Law, and an Economics-Accounting degree from Scripps College in Claremont, California. While in law school, she was a staff editor for the Journal of the National Association of Administrative Law Judiciary, and served as a Judicial Extern for the Honorable Sheri Bluebond, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge for the Central District of California. She was also a Property Law Teaching Fellow and the winner of the CALI excellence for the Future Award for “International Insolvency Law” in 2010 and for “Property Law” in 2008.
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D., 2010
- Scripps College, B.A., Economics-Accounting, 2006
Admissions, Memberships and Qualifications
- California – All state courts
- U.S. District Courts for the Central, Southern, Eastern and Northern Districts of California
- American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI)
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association (SFVBA)
- Programs Chair of the Bankruptcy Section; Chair of the Bankruptcy Pro Bono Subcommittee,
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA)
Membership Relations Director, ABI’s Intellectual Property and
- Technology Committee
- Named a 2018 Best Lawyer by The Best Lawyers in America
Publications & Presentations
- Speaker, San Fernando Valley Bar
- Association’s (SFVBA) Bankruptcy Law Section, April 2017.
- Co-Author, “In re Bellingham Insurance
Agency, Inc. and the Aftermath of Stern V.
Marshall: The Ninth Circuit Becomes the Latest
Court to Weigh in on the Constitutional
Authority of Bankruptcy Courts to Finally
Determine Fraudulent Conveyance Claims,”
UTA Quarterly, Spring 2013
- Author, “Ninth Circuit Debt Collector Beware:
Cruz v. International Collection Corporation,”
UTA Quarterly, Fall 2012
- Author, “So You Thought You Had An
Enforceable Arbitration Agreement?,” UTA
Quarterly, Summer 2012